Massage Therapy can be a powerful tool in the recovery process, when used in conjunction with skilled physical therapy. Massage has been shown to release Serotonin, a hormone that is necessary to prevent depression and migraine headaches. Massage Therapy has also been shown to:
- Relieve muscular aches and pains
- Reduce scar tissue restrictions
- Calm the central nervous system
- Increase circulation
- Lower blood pressure
- Relieve stress
- Enhance sleep
- Circulate the lymphatic system, pumping out harmful toxins like Lactic acid
- Help you relax and feel better about yourself.
At CACC, our physical therapists and massage therapists coordinate treatments in order to provide the maximum recovery for patients.